Sunday, January 9, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I decided to start a blog to help others with their fitness and weight loss goals and to talk about my own continuous fitness quest. I have lost over 60lbs, but I am always trying to improve and push myself further by setting new and challenging goals. My current goal is to compete in a Figure competition this upcoming May in kelowna, BC. I have never competed before and three years ago, I wouldn't have thought it possible. I was 60lbs heavier and the idea of standing in front of an auditorium full of strangers in a bikini and being judged... well that just seemed like a nightmare! Here I am three years later and not only am I doing this willingly, I'm excited to do it!

So I thought, why not write about the process? and maybe I can add in some training and nutrition tips in the process to help others on their journey's too?

Okay, to be honest... this blog has been a long time coming. I've been thinking about it for the past 6 months if not longer, but in a lot of ways, writing it is just as scary (if not more so) as getting on stage in a bikini in a room full of strangers and being judged. I mean, by writing this blog I'm exposing a part of myself and putting it out there for others to judge. Or even worse, what if no one reads it?

So here we go... but first, I'm going to bed! It's been a long week of training hard and I need some rest!


No comments:

Post a Comment